Table of Contents
- 2About the measurements, wood sizes
- 3The materials (shopping) list
- 4The materials (shopping) list continued
- 5The cutting list
- 6Cut, shape, and drill the pieces
- 7 Plans, the individual frame pieces
- 8Make up the smaller side frames
- 9Fix the seat support pieces to the long legs
- 10Assemble the side frames
- 11Prepare the frames for seat and tabletop
- 12Make the seat and tabletop panels
- 13Fix and seats and tabletop
- 14Adjust the backstops and fix the bracing
- 15Plans - the armrest
- 16Make and fit the armrest frames
- 17Make and fit the armrest pads
- 18Make the umbrella hole and more photos
The materials (shopping) list continued
You will also need:
● Four 10 Abbreviation for millimeter which is a metric unit of length equal to one thousandth of a meter. 25.4 mm equals one inch. (3/8″) diameter bolts 64 mm (2 1/2″) long overall (the length of the thickness of two pieces of framing Timber, lumber. The hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees)..
Note: Usually the length of a A metal rod that has a head on one end and threads on the other and is used to fasten together lumber. The most common bolts used or referred to in projects within this website are coach/carriage bolts and hex bolts. refers to the The nail not including the head. length only, that is, the head of the bolt is not included in the length. However, in this case the reference to the length of the bolt is ‘overall’, meaning it does include the head. This is because the head of the bolt is countersunk into the wood.
● Four nylon locking nuts.
Note: Each bolt is used as a pivot point for two pieces of wood, therefore the nuts cannot be tightened completely otherwise the wood would not be able to ‘pivot’ freely.
Because the nuts can only be loosely tightened (just enough to allow the wood to pivot), nylon locking nuts (or similar) are required.
A nylon locking nut is a nut that resists further loosening or tightening under vibration and torque. It has a nylon collar insert.
● Around 200 exterior type wood screws 50 mm (2″) long.
● Some exterior wood glue.