Table of Contents
- 4About the measurements, Materials you will need and Informative notes
- 5Materials continued and cutting list for the form
- 6The plans - dimensions
- 7The form plans - schematic
- 8Step 1.1 Cutting and assembling the frame pieces of the seat form
- 9Step 1.2 Cutting the plywood, the plastic, and assembling the seat form
- 10Step 1.3 Cutting the form pieces for the legs
- 11Step 1.4 Assembling the forms for the legs
- 12Step 1.5 Aligning and bolting the leg forms to the seat form
- 13Steps 2.1 to 2.3 Cutting, shaping and tying the mesh
- 14Concrete mix information
- 15Steps 3.1 to 3.2 Dry and wet mix
- 16Steps 4.1 to 4.3 Applying the release agent, half filling the seat form and placing the reinforcing
- 17Steps 4.4 to 4.5 Topping up the seat form and attach the leg forms to the seat form
- 18Step 4.6 Topping up the leg forms
- 19Step 4.7 Releasing the leg forms
- 20Step 4.8 Releasing the seat form
- 21Appendage: Easier options
Step 4.8 Releasing the seat form
Slip a piece of A piece of sawn, or dressed lumber of greater width than thickness. Usually 19mm (3/4") to 38mm (1 1/2") thick and 75mm (3") or more wide. under the middle of the seat form.
Of course, you will need someone to tilt the seat back while you do that.
The board can be 1″ (25mm) thick more or less, it doesn’t really matter, and 20″ (500mm) long x 6″ (150mm) wide.
Stand on the two sides of the seat form and give a little bounce up and down.
This will break the seal between the A mixture of sand, gravel, water and cement which hardens to a stone like condition when dry. and the form. You will visibly see the seal breaking – a slight parting between the concrete and the form.
The seal will be more of a suction seal, rather than an adhesive seal, because of the release agent. Standing on the form and giving a little bounce will break that seal.
Now stand on the two ends (as opposed to the two sides) and do the same thing.
Now the concrete seat should easily lift out of the form.
If by any chance it does not, then turn the whole unit upright and knock one end of the seat form up by hitting it from underneath with a hammer.
You only need a little bit of air in to break any suction hold.
Mmmmmmm. Looks pretty good to me.