Table of Contents
- 2The wood sizes
- 3Material requirements
- 4Identifying the pieces
- 5The plans - Side (sectional)
- 6The plans - Looking down view
- 7The plans - Individual frame pieces
- 8Step 1. Make a template for the rounds and bolt holes
- 9Step 2. Cut and drill the frame pieces
- 10Step 3. Make up the frame sections
- 11Step 4. Connect the rear sections to the top sections
- 12Step 5. Connect the front sections
- 13Step 6. Align the frames for seating
- 14Step 7. Fix the seats and tabletop
- 15Step 8. Attach the back-stop
- 16Step 9. Add the front leg stops & the seat braces
- 17The finished product
Step 3. Make up the frame sections
Make up the side frames, each side consisting of three separate sections:
• The top section – pieces [d], [e], & [e2].
• The front section – pieces [a], [g], & [h].
• The rear section – pieces [b], [c], [f], & [i].
Make up each pair of corresponding sections so that they are a mirror image of one another, as shown in the photo.
Refer to the plans on page 5 and the drawings on this page for the dimensions.
Fix the pieces at each meeting with glue and two screws.
Take note of the position of piece [g] (front seat rail) along piece [a] (front leg) in the drawing below.