Table of Contents
- 3Photos of construction part 1
- 4Photos of construction part 2
- 6Plans - Front, floor and footprint
- 7Plans - Base, floor, and wall layout
- 8Plans - Top and roof (millimetres)
- 9Plans - Top and roof (inches)
- 10Plans - The sign
- 11Plans - Details
- 12Plans - Fixed walls - metric
- 13Plans - Fixed wall - standard
- 14Plans - Wall/door - metric
- 15Plans - Wall/door - standard
- 16Materials overall
- 17Framing wood by section - metric
- 18Framing wood by section - standard
- 19Cutting list (frame)
- 20Step 1. Cut the frame pieces to length
- 21Step 2. Rip the relevant pieces to the required widths
- 22Step 3. Make the base
- 23Step 4. Make up the pillars
- 24Step 5. Assemble and stand the frames
- 25Step 6. Make the head (top section)
- 26Step 7. Make the walls
- 27Step 8. Install the walls, head, and door
- 28Step 9. Shape and fix the mullions
- 29Step 10. Shape and fix the decorative pillar top pieces
- 30Step 11. Paint time
- 31Step 12. Make the windows
- 32Step 13. Add the 'police call box' sign
- 33Step 14. Final touches (almost)
- 34Roof lamp Introduction
- 35Roof lamp Plans
- 36Sourcing the components
- 38The lamp container cap
- 39Fibreglassing the cap
- 40The lamp container base
- 41Threaded rod to the cap
- 42Assemble the lamp container
- 43Put in a light or two
- 44The lights go on
Note: The grid spacings in the drawing represent 1 inch (25mm).
The TARDIS lamp container consists of a fresnel lens sandwiched between a cap and a square base piece.
The base piece has a hole in the middle which accommodates a small piece of round PVC drain pipe.
It is all held together with four threaded rods.
The container cap is a flange (round ring) with a dome in the middle.
The flange is a ring, cut from a piece of plywood.
The dome in the cap is a piece of dome-shaped wire mesh cut out of a cheap kitchen strainer (sieve).
The ‘dome-shaped’ wire mesh fits in the hole in the middle of the flange. It is held in place with a bit of glue.
fibreglass covers the cap.
The threaded wire protrudes down past the container base.
The lamp container sits on top of the TARDIS roof and the threaded rod and the PVC pipe run through the roof.
The lamp container is fastened from the inside of the roof and the light and light platform is also fitted from the inside of the TARDIS.