Table of Contents
- 3Photos of construction part 1
- 4Photos of construction part 2
- 6Plans - Front, floor and footprint
- 7Plans - Base, floor, and wall layout
- 8Plans - Top and roof (millimetres)
- 9Plans - Top and roof (inches)
- 10Plans - The sign
- 11Plans - Details
- 12Plans - Fixed walls - metric
- 13Plans - Fixed wall - standard
- 14Plans - Wall/door - metric
- 15Plans - Wall/door - standard
- 16Materials overall
- 17Framing wood by section - metric
- 18Framing wood by section - standard
- 19Cutting list (frame)
- 20Step 1. Cut the frame pieces to length
- 21Step 2. Rip the relevant pieces to the required widths
- 22Step 3. Make the base
- 23Step 4. Make up the pillars
- 24Step 5. Assemble and stand the frames
- 25Step 6. Make the head (top section)
- 26Step 7. Make the walls
- 27Step 8. Install the walls, head, and door
- 28Step 9. Shape and fix the mullions
- 29Step 10. Shape and fix the decorative pillar top pieces
- 30Step 11. Paint time
- 31Step 12. Make the windows
- 32Step 13. Add the 'police call box' sign
- 33Step 14. Final touches (almost)
- 34Roof lamp Introduction
- 35Roof lamp Plans
- 36Sourcing the components
- 38The lamp container cap
- 39Fibreglassing the cap
- 40The lamp container base
- 41Threaded rod to the cap
- 42Assemble the lamp container
- 43Put in a light or two
- 44The lights go on
Fibreglassing the Cover
Cut a piece of fibreglass mat big enough to cover the top of the lamp cap.
Make up a mix of fibreglass resin and catalyst according to the instructions on the can.
Apply a coat of mix to the top of the cap, lay the mat over the top of the cap and saturate with more fibreglass mix.
The next day cut off the excess fibreglass around the boundary. using a fine tooth saw or blade and sand paper.
Next fibreglass the underside of the lamp cap in the same manner.
The next day cut off the excess fibreglass around the perimeter using a fine tooth saw or blade and sand paper and give the complete lamp cap a sand.