Table of Contents
- 1Introduction - Materials list
- 2 The Plans - Cutting detail 1
- 3The Plans - Cutting detail 2
- 4Cutting Ideas from Full Sheets
- 5Making the Floor
- 6Making the Walls and Roof
- 7Standing and Fixing the Walls
- 8Attaching the Roof
- 9Making the Door and Windows
- 10Dismantling and adding the panes
- 11Re-assembling the playhouse
Standing and Fixing the Walls
Step 8. Fixing the walls in place
Clamp a couple of blocks to both end joists to prevent the front and rear walls from slipping off the joists while they are being worked on.
Stand up the rear frame and hold it in place with a temporary brace.
Do the same with the front wall.
Mark a couple of pencil lines across each of the two side walls 11 1/4″ (280mm) in from the front end and 8″ (200mm) in from the rear end (see drawing below). Also refer to the side elevation plan (Page 3).
Bolt the side walls to the 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ (45mm x 45mm) battens on the front and rear walls using 3/8″ (10mm) galvanized bolts. Pre-drill the bolt holes first.
Allow for four bolts at each corner.
Shave or shape (with a planer or sander) the top of the side walls to be flush with the rake of the top of the front and rear walls (see drawing below).