Table of Contents
- 1Introduction - Materials list
- 2 The Plans - Cutting detail 1
- 3The Plans - Cutting detail 2
- 4Cutting Ideas from Full Sheets
- 5Making the Floor
- 6Making the Walls and Roof
- 7Standing and Fixing the Walls
- 8Attaching the Roof
- 9Making the Door and Windows
- 10Dismantling and adding the panes
- 11Re-assembling the playhouse
Making the Door and Windows
Step 13. Making the door and windows
Make the door, two window shutters, and cut out the windows to the dimensions given in the drawings below.
First cut the plywood door and window shutters to size and then cut out the window holes.
Also cut out the window holes in the two side walls to the dimensions given below.
Next glue and screw the 3/4″ x 1 1/2″ (45mm x 18mm) wood around the perimeter of the door.
Also glue and screw the pieces required for the two window shutters as per drawings below.
Take note that one shutter has one piece of 3/4″ x 1 1/2″ (45mm x 18mm) wood running lengthwise flush with the edge, and the other shutter has two pieces, one running lengthwise flush with the edge and the other overlapping the edge by half of its width. See the drawings below and the pictures for a better understanding.