Table of Contents
- 1Introduction & description
- 2Shopping list
- 3Part identification - Schematics
- 4The plans
- 5The individual pieces
- 6Step 1. Mark and cut the pieces
- 7The angles pattern
- 8Step 2. The round cuts
- 9Step 3. The bolt holes
- 10Step 4. Make up the back seat side-frames
- 11Step 5. Make up the front legs
- 12Step 6. Join the table rails to the leg extensions
- 13Step 7. Assemble the side-frames
- 14Step 8. See if it works
- 15Step 9. Prepare for the seat boards
- 16Step 10. Add the seat boards
- 17Step 11. Add the tabletop boards
- 18Step 12. Keeping the tabletop boards even
- 19Step 13. Add the backrest stop
- 20Step 14. Stop the table from spreading
- 21Step 15. Add the seat braces
- 22Step 16. Well done
- 23Appendix 1: Changing stock size and/or table length
- 24Appendix 2: The backrest clip-on
Here is the total materials you will need.
9 only 8ft (2.44m) lengths of 2×4 (50mm x 100mm) dressed (dimensional) lumber.
• 4 only 3/8″ (10mm) bolts 3″ (75mm) long with washers and self locking nuts.
• 80 only 3″ (75mm) exterior type wood screws.
• 2 only angle brackets (sliding door stopper type brackets).
• 6 only galvanized 6″ (150mm) nails.
• Exterior wood glue.
Note: There is no material allowance for the ‘clip on’ piece as that is optional and only and idea that you yourself might want to change to suit.
Tools you will need
• Circular power saw, • Drop saw (chop saw) – able to cut accurate angles, • Jigsaw, • Electric drill, • Hammer, Hand saw, Measuring tape, pencil, square, screw driver, level, clamps, adjustable angle bevel. • 3/8″ (10mm) drill bit for the bolt holes, • 1/8″ (3mm”) drill bit for the screw holes, • 1″ (25mm) drill bit to countersink (embed) the bolt head.