Plans to build a Convertible Picnic Table
Build plans for a convertable picnic table.
In one folding motion, a 2 seater bench seat can be transformed into a four-seater picnic table.
These plans and instructions will show you how to make this folding picnic table.
The downloadable PDF file contains 26 pages of materials and tools you will need, plan drawings including a drawing with dimensions of every single frame piece, pictures, and step-by-step build instructions.
This is a revised plan and boasts a wider tabletop than most similar units.
The size of it:
The tabletop is 23-1/4″ (605mm) wide and 51-1/2″ (1310) long.
The height is 31-1/2″ (800mm) and overall width is 52″ (1320mm)
It is a handy 4 seater picnic table or a 2 seater bench seat.
Materials you will need:
For the frame
- Use either 1-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ (32 x 89mm) stock -OR- 1-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (38 x 89mm) stock
- You will need 30ft (9 meters) in total.
For the seat and tabletop boards
- Use either 1-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (32 x 140mm) stock -OR- 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (38 x 140mm) stock
- You will need 36ft (11 meters) in total.
You will also need:
- 4 of 3/8″ (10mm) carriage/coach bolts 3″ (75mm) long with washers and self-locking
- 80 of 3″ (75mm) exterior type wood screws.
Exterior wood glue.
Tools you will need:
- Circular power saw
- Miter saw – able to cut accurate angles
- Electric drill
- Hand saw
- Measuring tape
- Pencil, Square
- Adjustable angle bevel
- 3/8″ (10mm) drill bit for the bolt holes
- 1/8″ (3mm”) drill bit for the screw holes
- 1″ (25mm) drill bit to countersink (embed) the bolt head
- (Optional) A bench saw would be helpful but not essential
Specification: Plans to build a Convertible Picnic Table