Make a Wooden Picnic Table that is Easily Disassembled
This 8-seater picnic table can be dismantled and re-assembled in 5 minutes (simply eight bolts to take out and put back). It can even be put down into a flat pack of sorts, put into a small car (hanging out the back), moved, and reassembled.
2×4 (50 x 100mm) rough sawn wood:
- 2 @ 66-1/2″ (1690mm) for the lower rails
- 4 @ 33″ (840mm) for the top rails and tabletop supports 4 @ 12″ (300mm) for the seat supports
In all 30ft (9m) of 2×4 (50 x 100mm) rough sawn wood, allowing for a bit of waste.
1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (38mm x 140mm) wood
- 4 @ 38″ (960mm) for the legs
- 10 @ 79″ (2000mm) for the tabletop and seat boards 1 @ 33″ (840mm) for the table middle support
- 2 @ 11″ (280mm) for the seat middle supports
In all 90ft (27m) of 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (38mm x 140mm) wood, allowing for a bit of waste.
You will also need:
- 40 of 5″ (125mm) galvanized bugle head batten screws (these big screws are what give the table its strength, stops wobble, and are a crucial part of the design)
- 44 of 3″ (75mm) exterior wood screws
- 8 of 3-1/2″ (90mm) galvanized nails – just to hold the support pieces in while you turn the tabletop over so they can be screwed from the other side.
1/2″ (12mm) galvanized coach/carriage bolts with nuts and washers
- 4 @ 4″ (100mm)
- 4 @ 5″ (125mm)
- 4 @ 6″ (150mm)
Check the lengths if the lumber you get is a different size.
Specification: Make a Wooden Picnic Table that is Easily Disassembled