Woodworking plans for a Kid’s raised Play Fort with climbing wall and trapdoor entry. A fort that will provide hours of fun for kids young and old!
There are 29 pages in the downloadable PDF file.
This detailed plan-set with step-by-step instructions is in both metric (mm) and imperial (inch) dimensions.
The design includes a trap door entry, a climbing wall, a swing, and there is an allowance for a slide.
The complete frame is fixed together with bolts, so as well as being very strong, the fort can also be dismantled.
The footprint (ground area) is Approx 1800mm x 1800mm (6′ x 6′), and the overall height is 3200mm (10′ 8″).
Floor area is 1500mm x 1600mm (5′ x 5′ 4″), and the floor height is 1300mm (4′ 4″).
- Ground area: Approx 1800mm x 1800mm (6’x6′)
- Floor area: 1500mm x 1600mm (5′ x 5′ 4″)
- Overall height: 300mm (10ft)
- Floor height: 1200mm (4ft)
In all, you will need the following amounts of wood:
- 90mm x 90mm (3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″) surfaced/dressed stock, 5 @ 2400mm (96″)
- 70mm x 45mm (1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″) surfaced/dressed stock, 40 meters (132 ft)
- 90mm x 45mm (1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″) surfaced/dressed stock, 1 @ 2000mm (80″)
- 45mm x 45mm (1 1/2x 1 1/2) surfaced/dressed stock, 6 meters (20ft)
- 150mm x 25mm (1″ x 6″) rough unsurfaced stock, 95 meters (310ft)
- 1 only sheet 18mm x 2400mm x 1200mm ( 4ft x 8ft x 3/4″) exterior plywood
- 10mm (3/8″) galvanized coach/carriage bolts with nuts and washers: 47 @ 150mm (6″); 6 @ 110mm (4 1/2″); 8 @ 75mm (3″)
- 3kg (7lb) 70mm (3″) flat-head galvanized nails, 0.5kg (1.2lb) 100mm (4″) flat-head galvanized nails
- 4 only 150mm (6″) Galvanized “T” hinges and screws
- 1 only bolt catch or similar for door
- 4 only 200mm (8″) long x 25mm (1″) metal galvanized strap
- 20 only 50mm (2″) long screws to screw the plywood on
- 30 only 18mm (3/4″) long screws for the hinges and pad bolt
- Rope and car tire