Table of Contents
- 2Step 1. Cut the boards and mark the trenches
- 3Step 2. Set the depth of the power saw blade
- 4Step 3. Make cuts along the cut-out area
- 5Step 4. Clean out the grooves
- 6Step 5. Prepare and mark the opposite side
- 7Step 6. Cut the opposing trench
- 8Step 7. Clean out the opposing trench
- 9Step 8. Make some half-height boards
- 10Step 9. Lay the bottom row of boards
- 11Step 10. Stack 'em up
Step 2. Set the depth of the power saw blade
Standard version (ft and inch)
Set your power saw blade to a depth just slightly more than 1/4 of the width of a board.
For example, if the board is 6″ wide (as in this case), set the blade depth to 1-9/16 which is just a little over 1/4 of the boards width.
Set the depth of your power saw blade to a little more than 1/4 of the width of a board.
In this case the boards are 150mm wide, so the blade depth should be set to 38mm which is slightly more than 1/4 of the boards width.