Table of Contents
- 1Build a playhouse by Les Kenny
- 2Identifying the members
- 3Lumber and materials information
- 4Shopping and Cutting lists
- 5Plans - Footprint and front elevation
- 6Plans - Rear and Side Elevation
- 7Plans - Roof, cuts and angles
- 8Making a wood floor
- 9Making a concrete floor
- 10Making the playhouse wall frames
- 11Making the playhouse roof frame
- 12Putting on the playhouse roof cover
- 13Putting on the playhouse wall cover
- 14Making the door
- 15Making the playhouse door frame
- 16Installing the playhouse door
- 17How to make a playhouse window
- 18Making the window sash
- 19Installing the playhouse window
- 20Playhouse Gable and Soffit
- 21Inside finishing
Making a Timber, lumber. The hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees floor
1800mm x 1800mm (6ft x 6ft) floor on skids Instructions below the drawings.
Place the 100×100 (4×4) skids level and Being of equal distance from each other at all points. on firm ground free of any vegetation.
Space the skids apart so that the overall measurement is 1400mm (56″).
On level ground, make up the Floor Frame comprising of two 100×50 (2×4) joists nailed together at each end, two 100×50 (2×4) intermediate joists evenly spaced and two 100×50 (2×4) rim (boundary) joists. The end result should be a square 1800×1800 (72″ x 72″).
Place the square floor frame on top of the skids, ensure the floor frame is square and then fasten in place. Join two pieces of wood by driving nails at an angle to the surface of one piece and into the second piece. A nail driven at an angle to fasten one member to another. (Toenail. A nail driven at an angle to the member.) through the joists into the skids.
Cover the floor with 18mm (3/4″) A piece of wood made of three or more layers of wood veneer laminated together with glue., nailing a maximum of 200mm (8″) apart on all joists. Any join should be over a One of a series of parallel members used to support the floor. Part of the framing that provides the structure for a floor..
All the wood used in the floor structure should be suitable for exterior use.