Table of Contents
- 2Dimension plans
- 3The pieces - cutting list
- 4Wood & wood size explanations
- 5Step 1. Attach base pieces [b] to upright pieces [a]
- 6Step 2. Add base pieces [c] and [b2]
- 7Step 3. Tie it all together (optional)
- 8Step 4. Prepare the beam
- 9Step 5. Attach the beam to the Stand
- 10Step 6. Make the seat frames
- 11Step 7. Add the seat handles & pads
- 12Step 8. A bit of paint if you like, and the pad bolt
Instructions – the seats
Step 6. Make the seat frames
Cut all the pieces for the seat frames according to the plans and drawings on this page and on the ‘cutting list’ page. Round, angle, and shape where needed.
When cutting piece [e], ensure it is slightly wider than the beam [d] – very important.
To secure with nails or screws. pieces [g] and [h] to piece [e] with glue and screws and apply Covered with a protective coating of zinc. strap for extra strength. Make sure the front of piece [g] is Being even with. with the front of piece [e].
Fix pieces [f] to the sides as per plan and then try it out on the beam [d] to ensure it can slide easily and that pieces [f] run below the bottom of the beam [d].