Table of Contents
- 2Dimension plans
- 3The pieces - cutting list
- 4Wood & wood size explanations
- 5Step 1. Attach base pieces [b] to upright pieces [a]
- 6Step 2. Add base pieces [c] and [b2]
- 7Step 3. Tie it all together (optional)
- 8Step 4. Prepare the beam
- 9Step 5. Attach the beam to the Stand
- 10Step 6. Make the seat frames
- 11Step 7. Add the seat handles & pads
- 12Step 8. A bit of paint if you like, and the pad bolt
The pieces – cutting list
|Wood cutting list|
|a||2×6 (150mm x 50mm)||24″ (610mm)||2||round the top cnrs|
|b||2×6 (150mm x 50mm)||25″ (635mm)||2|
|b2||2×4 (100mm x 50mm)||16″ (407mm)||2||round the top cnrs|
|c||2×6 (150mm x 50mm)||28″ (710mm)||2|
|d||4×4 (100mm x 100mm)||11ft (3350mm)||1||round the bottom cnrs|
|d2||2×4 (100mm x 50mm)||20″ (508mm)||1||round the bottom ends|
|e||2×6 (150mm x 50mm)||20″ (508mm)||2||rip to req’d width|
|f||2×6 (150mm x 50mm)||18″ (457mm)||4||angle and round the ends|
|g||2×6 (150mm x 50mm)||10-1/2″ (267mm)||2||cut to plan|
|h||2×6 (150mm x 50mm)||10″ 254mm||2||rip to req’d width|
|i||2×2 (50mm x 50mm)||14″ (355mm)||2||round the handles|
|j||1/2″ (12mm) plywood||13″ (330mm)||2||cut to plan|
|k||1/2″ (12mm) plywood||18″ (457mm)||2||cut to plan|
You will need
• 4×4 (100mm x 100mm): 1 @ 11ft (3350mm)
• 2×6 (150mm x 50mm): 27ft (8m) in total, allows for a little bit of wastage.
• 2×4 (100mm x 50mm): 4½ft (1.4m) in total, allows for a little bit of wastage.
• 2×2 (50mm x 50mm): 28″ (710mm) in total.
• 1/2″ (12mm) plywood: 1 piece 18″x36″ (460mm x 920mm) allows for a little bit of wastage.
• 1 only 1/2″ (12mm) galvanized bolt 9″ (225mm) long with nut and four washers,
• 2 only pad bolts,
• 3-1/2″ (90mm) wood screws,
• good exterior wood glue,
• 1 only piece of galvanized or copper tube (pipe) 8″ (200mm) long with an inside diameter of 12 mm (1/2″) (optional),
• 2 only 3×7 (75mm x 175mm) galvanized tie plates and suitable nails (optional),
• 3ft (900mm) of galvanized strap and suitable nails (optional),
• 4 only galvanized hurricane ties 4″ (100mm) long, and suitable nails (optional).
Note: The optional items mentioned above and shown in the pictures below depend on how strong you want the seesaw to be.