Table of Contents
- 2Dimension plans
- 3The pieces - cutting list
- 4Wood & wood size explanations
- 5Step 1. Attach base pieces [b] to upright pieces [a]
- 6Step 2. Add base pieces [c] and [b2]
- 7Step 3. Tie it all together (optional)
- 8Step 4. Prepare the beam
- 9Step 5. Attach the beam to the Stand
- 10Step 6. Make the seat frames
- 11Step 7. Add the seat handles & pads
- 12Step 8. A bit of paint if you like, and the pad bolt
Instructions – The stand
Step 1. Attach base pieces [b] to upright pieces [a]
Pieces [b], 2×6 (150mm x 50mm): Cut 2 pieces @ 25″ (635mm) long.
Pieces [a], 2×6 (150mm x 50mm): Cut 2 pieces @ 24″ (610mm)long. Round the top cnrs.
Attach base pieces [b] to the upright pieces [a] with glue and screws. Pre drill the screw holes.
Refer to the pictures above and the dimension plans below.
Note: Ensure the gap between the two uprights [a] is wide enough to take the beam [d], a couple of washers, and still have a little bit of play. If the A supporting member. is 3-12″ (90mm) wide, and the gap is 4″ (100mm), that will be fine.