Table of Contents
- 2Dimension plans
- 3The pieces - cutting list
- 4Wood & wood size explanations
- 5Step 1. Attach base pieces [b] to upright pieces [a]
- 6Step 2. Add base pieces [c] and [b2]
- 7Step 3. Tie it all together (optional)
- 8Step 4. Prepare the beam
- 9Step 5. Attach the beam to the Stand
- 10Step 6. Make the seat frames
- 11Step 7. Add the seat handles & pads
- 12Step 8. A bit of paint if you like, and the pad bolt
Step 5. Attach the A supporting member. to the Stand
Drill a 1/2″ (12mm) hole through the uprights [a], 2-1/2″ (64mm) down from the top.
Cover the holes with a Covered with a protective coating of zinc. tie The top or bottom horizontal framing member of the wall. each side and drill through them.
Align the holes in the beam [d] with the holes in the uprights [a] and commence to thread the A metal rod that has a head on one end and threads on the other and is used to fasten together lumber. The most common bolts used or referred to in projects within this website are coach/carriage bolts and hex bolts..
Apply washers in the following order as the bolt is being inserted:
Washer, upright [a], washer, beam [d], washer, upright [a], washer, nut.