Table of Contents
- 2Dimension plans
- 3The pieces - cutting list
- 4Wood & wood size explanations
- 5Step 1. Attach base pieces [b] to upright pieces [a]
- 6Step 2. Add base pieces [c] and [b2]
- 7Step 3. Tie it all together (optional)
- 8Step 4. Prepare the beam
- 9Step 5. Attach the beam to the Stand
- 10Step 6. Make the seat frames
- 11Step 7. Add the seat handles & pads
- 12Step 8. A bit of paint if you like, and the pad bolt
Step 5. Attach the beam to the Stand
Drill a 1/2″ (12mm) hole through the uprights [a], 2-1/2″ (64mm) down from the top.
Cover the holes with a galvanized tie plate each side and drill through them.
Align the holes in the beam [d] with the holes in the uprights [a] and commence to thread the bolt.
Apply washers in the following order as the bolt is being inserted:
Washer, upright [a], washer, beam [d], washer, upright [a], washer, nut.