Table of Contents
- 4About the measurements, Materials you will need and Informative notes
- 5Materials continued and cutting list for the form
- 6The plans - dimensions
- 7The form plans - schematic
- 8Step 1.1 Cutting and assembling the frame pieces of the seat form
- 9Step 1.2 Cutting the plywood, the plastic, and assembling the seat form
- 10Step 1.3 Cutting the form pieces for the legs
- 11Step 1.4 Assembling the forms for the legs
- 12Step 1.5 Aligning and bolting the leg forms to the seat form
- 13Steps 2.1 to 2.3 Cutting, shaping and tying the mesh
- 14Concrete mix information
- 15Steps 3.1 to 3.2 Dry and wet mix
- 16Steps 4.1 to 4.3 Applying the release agent, half filling the seat form and placing the reinforcing
- 17Steps 4.4 to 4.5 Topping up the seat form and attach the leg forms to the seat form
- 18Step 4.6 Topping up the leg forms
- 19Step 4.7 Releasing the leg forms
- 20Step 4.8 Releasing the seat form
- 21Appendage: Easier options
Step 4.7 Releasing the leg forms
Undo all the wing-nuts off the bolts on the sides of the leg forms.
Take out all the bolts.
The bolts should slip out easily, simply because the diameter of the bolt holes are bigger than the diameter of the bolts. The holes are ½” (12mm), the bolts are ⅜” (10mm). You did make the holes bigger, didn’t you?
The sides of the leg forms should come away quite easily.
This is when you get the first look at your handiwork, and you will find out if you did enough rapity tapity tap.
Remove only the first angle bracket. Do one at a time, so as not to get them mixed up (for possible future castings).
Once you have taken off the first angle bracket, you can then remove the respective piece (e), by nudging or tapping it out from the top.
When that piece (e) is off, immediately screw the angle bracket back to it.
By doing one at a time, i.e. taking off one angle bracket, removing the respective piece (e), and screwing back the angle bracket to the same piece it came off, then you are not going to get all the bits and pieces mixed up should you decide to make another seat.
Now remove the other three angle brackets and (e) pieces in the same manner, one set at a time.