Materials list for Hall Bench frame and seat base
NOTE 1: Some pieces below are given as 'approximate' lengths. They will need to be measured more precisely on the job.
NOTE 2: Total amounts given (where applicable) allow for a bit of wastage.
NOTE 3: The stock sizes given are the actual sizes; that is the finished size once the wood has been surfaced and dressed. These sizes may vary slightly from place to place.
NOTE 4: Use a wood type of your choice. Your local stockist will be able to advise you on the available woods suitable for this project. We chose pine for this particular project.
You will also need a few wood screws to suit and some wood glue.
• 50mm (2") thick foam approximately 319mm x 1132mm (12 3/4" x 45 1/4")
NOTE: A thinner piece of foam down to a minimum of 32mm (1 1/4") thick will also do.
• Cotton batting or polyester batting or similar fibrous material approximately 550mm x 1350mm (22" x 54")
• Calico, denim or similar, approximately 550mm x 1350mm (22" x 54") plus (optional) a piece to line the underside of the seat as well.
• Covering fabric approximately 550mm x 1350mm (22" x 54")
• Spray on glue
Minimum tool requirements to make the Hall Bench are...
• Tape measure, • Screwdriver, • Pencil, • Hammer, • Square, • Electric drill, • Electric drill press, • 4mm (1/4") and 25mm (1") drill bits, • Circular saw, • Sand paper,
Note: A band saw and chop saw would be make the job a little easier, but not essential.
• Staple gun
• Fabric scissors
• Craft knife