Table of Contents
- 2Something special about a wooden glasshouse
- 3The structure of the thing
- 4Rebates and trenches
- 5The wood and wood sizes
- 6The glasshouse glass - Terminologies
- 7The order of making
- 8Wood you will need
- 9Wood list per section
- 10Floor (footprint) and front elevation plans
- 11Step 1. Get and stack the wood
- 12Plans - High wall (step 2)
- 13Step 2. Make up the high (left side) wall
- 14Plans - Front wall (step 3)
- 15Step 3 after. Make up the front wall
- 16How to - Cut rebates and trenches
- 17Plans - Rear wall (step 4)
- 18Step 4 (after). Make up the rear wall
- 19Plans - Low wall (step 5)
- 20Step 5 (after). Make up the low wall
- 21Plans - Roof frame (step 6)
- 22Step 6 (after). Make up the roof frame
- 23Step 7. Make up the windows | Plans and instructions
- 24Plans - Door (step 8)
- 25Step 8. Make up the door
- 26Step 9. Paint it
- 27Step 10. Level the site area
- 28Step 11. Stand the walls
- 29Step 12. Complete and position the roof frame
- 30Step 13. Hang the door
- 31Glass sizes and quantity
- 32Step 14. Glazing time
- 33Step 15. Gutter and drainage
- 34Step 16. Get the windows working
- 35A couple of photos
Step 4 (after). Make up the rear wall
Make up the rear wall frame according to the plan on the previous page.
Draw a pattern of the rear frame on the working platform. Refer to the rear wall frame plan on the previous page and draw the shape of the wall in its entirety (boundary., plates, studs, noggings) onto the working platform using a chalkline or a pencil and straight edge. You will then have a full size pattern.
Cut the individual pieces to the pattern and An L-shaped cutout with one side, that is always at an end or side of a member, unlike a notch that is a U-shaped cutout. and trench accordingly. Refer to ‘HOW TO – Cut rebates and trenches’ on page 16.
Don’t spare the metal strapping when tying the plates together or the studs to the plates.
Take notice of where the studs sit in relation to the The bottom horizontal framing member of the wall. as shown in the pictures below.