Table of Contents
- 2Something special about a wooden glasshouse
- 3The structure of the thing
- 4Rebates and trenches
- 5The wood and wood sizes
- 6The glasshouse glass - Terminologies
- 7The order of making
- 8Wood you will need
- 9Wood list per section
- 10Floor (footprint) and front elevation plans
- 11Step 1. Get and stack the wood
- 12Plans - High wall (step 2)
- 13Step 2. Make up the high (left side) wall
- 14Plans - Front wall (step 3)
- 15Step 3 after. Make up the front wall
- 16How to - Cut rebates and trenches
- 17Plans - Rear wall (step 4)
- 18Step 4 (after). Make up the rear wall
- 19Plans - Low wall (step 5)
- 20Step 5 (after). Make up the low wall
- 21Plans - Roof frame (step 6)
- 22Step 6 (after). Make up the roof frame
- 23Step 7. Make up the windows | Plans and instructions
- 24Plans - Door (step 8)
- 25Step 8. Make up the door
- 26Step 9. Paint it
- 27Step 10. Level the site area
- 28Step 11. Stand the walls
- 29Step 12. Complete and position the roof frame
- 30Step 13. Hang the door
- 31Glass sizes and quantity
- 32Step 14. Glazing time
- 33Step 15. Gutter and drainage
- 34Step 16. Get the windows working
- 35A couple of photos
The order of making
This is the order of making, and the order this documentation is scripted. It is basically a summary and overview of the instructions.
1.) Get the materials. stack the Timber, lumber. The hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees off the ground, straight, and in a way that the various lengths and stock sizes can be easily accessed.
2.) Make up the high wall first (frame and A piece of wood made of three or more layers of wood veneer laminated together with glue.) and pack it up level off the ground with the plywood facing up. This wall can be used as a working platform to make up the rest of the frames.
3.) Prepare the pieces for the front wall frame. Make up the front wall frame on a flat surface (see 2.), To make rigid. it and place it out of the way.
4.) Prepare the pieces for the rear wall frame. Make up the rear wall frame on a flat surface (see 2.), brace it and place it out of the way.
5.) Prepare the pieces for the right-side wall frame. Make up the right-side wall frame on a flat surface (see 2.), brace it and place it out of the way.
6.) Prepare the pieces for the roof frame. Make up the roof frame on a flat surface (see 2.).
7.) Prepare the pieces for the 2 roof windows. Make up the roof windows.
8.) Prepare the pieces for the A horizontal framing member above the door/window opening.. Make up the door on a flat surface (see 2.), and place it out of the way.
9.) Paint everything.
10.) Level the site area where the glasshouse is to sit.
11.) Stand the four walls and clamp them together. Vertical; Upright. them and To secure with nails or screws. them.
12.) Fit the roof windows to the roof frame and then place and fix it on the top of the wall frames.
13.) Hang the door, add the door hardware.
14.) Glazing time.
15.) Fix the gutter and place drainage stones around the base (if applicable).
16.) Get the windows working.