Table of Contents
- 2Wood sizes and measurements
- 3Step 1. The greenhouse base
- 4Step 2. The side wall-frames
- 5Step 3. The roof frame sections
- 6Step 4. Erect the side walls and roof sections
- 7Step 5. The end wall frames
- 8Step 6. The doors
- 9Step 7. The windows
- 10Step 8. The greenhouse cover
- 11A 30° angle pattern and a 60° angle pattern
- 12Your project photos
Step 5. The end wall frames
This is pretty much measure, cut, and fix as you go.
Before you start, ensure the side walls are plumb (vertical).
For all wall framing wood, use 1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (90 mm x 45 mm) treated, or natural decay-resistant wood.
Cut the door studs to size and fix in place. They should be 36 3/4″ (920 mm) apart to allow for the door.
Cut the door head to size and fix in place. It should be 72 3/4″ (1820 mm) above the base to allow for the door
Cut the top plates to size and fix them in place.
Cut the bottom plates to size and fix them in place.
Measure, cut and fix the bracing members.