Table of Contents
- 2Wood sizes and measurements
- 3Step 1. The greenhouse base
- 4Step 2. The side wall-frames
- 5Step 3. The roof frame sections
- 6Step 4. Erect the side walls and roof sections
- 7Step 5. The end wall frames
- 8Step 6. The doors
- 9Step 7. The windows
- 10Step 8. The greenhouse cover
- 11A 30° angle pattern and a 60° angle pattern
- 12Your project photos
Step 6. The doors
Make two doors as per the Any of the three linear measurements, length, breadth and depth. given in the drawing – the front A horizontal framing member above the door/window opening. and the back door.
Make the doors 3/4″ (20 Abbreviation for millimeter which is a metric unit of length equal to one thousandth of a meter. 25.4 mm equals one inch.) smaller than the opening.
Use 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ (45 mm x 45 mm) stock for the stiles (upright side pieces), and use 1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (90 mm x 45 mm) stock for the three Parallel to the horizon, flat, level. rails.
Make the door frames up on a flat surface. Ensure the frames are square and then A short nail with a large flat head used for securing roofing felt, plasterboard, sheet metal to wood etc. the gussets in place on both sides of the doors.
Hinge the doors in place and fit handles or padbolts of your choice.