Table of Contents
- 2The parts and cutting list
- 3Step 1 & 2. Cut the pieces and drill the side boards
- 4Step 3. Mark position for the first side board
- 5Step 4. Fix the first side board
- 6Step 5 & 6. Add and fix the remaining side boards
- 7Step 7. Prepare the table top and seat top
- 8Step 8. Clamp the sides to the tops
- 9Step 9. Add the braces
Step 7. Prepare the table top and seat top
Standard (inch) version
Lay the table top boards next to one another, likewise the seat top boards, on a flat surface with the ends flush (even).
Screw a batten across the table top boards, in the middle with ONLY ONE SCREW AT EACH MEETING. This is the underside of the table.
You do not need to pre-drill the batten for this part.
Do the same with the seat top boards.
Ensure the table top and seat top are square and then add a second screw at each meeting. Stagger the screws (the screws will not be in a straight line). Refer to the diagram for clarity. The second screw will lock everything in place (prevent the table top and seat top from skewing).
Drill screw holes at each end of the table and seat top boards, two holes through each end of each board, in 2-3/4″ (70mm) from the ends.
A good idea is to draw a line across the boards, in 2-3/4″(70mm) from the ends. Keep the screw holes to that line.