Table of Contents
- 2The wood sizes
- 3Material requirements
- 4Identifying the pieces
- 5The plans - Side (sectional)
- 6The plans - Looking down view
- 7The plans - Individual frame pieces
- 8Step 1. Make a template for the rounds and bolt holes
- 9Step 2. Cut and drill the frame pieces
- 10Step 3. Make up the frame sections
- 11Step 4. Connect the rear sections to the top sections
- 12Step 5. Connect the front sections
- 13Step 6. Align the frames for seating
- 14Step 7. Fix the seats and tabletop
- 15Step 8. Attach the back-stop
- 16Step 9. Add the front leg stops & the seat braces
- 17The finished product
Step 6. Align the frames for seating
Fold the side frames over until pieces [e], [f], & [g] are all side-by-side, horizontal, and flush (even). Place a piece of cardboard temporary in between pieces [e] and [g] and then clamp the side frames to hold them in position until the seat boards and tabletop are fixed in place.
The cardboard is to ensure that pieces [e] and [g] are apart and do not bind when the unit is being folded.
Next place the two side frames apart and parallel in readiness for the seat boards to be fixed.
You might have to place a little packer under the front legs to balance the side frames upright until the seat boards are fixed.