Table of Contents
- 2The wood sizes
- 3Material requirements
- 4Identifying the pieces
- 5The plans - Side (sectional)
- 6The plans - Looking down view
- 7The plans - Individual frame pieces
- 8Step 1. Make a template for the rounds and bolt holes
- 9Step 2. Cut and drill the frame pieces
- 10Step 3. Make up the frame sections
- 11Step 4. Connect the rear sections to the top sections
- 12Step 5. Connect the front sections
- 13Step 6. Align the frames for seating
- 14Step 7. Fix the seats and tabletop
- 15Step 8. Attach the back-stop
- 16Step 9. Add the front leg stops & the seat braces
- 17The finished product
Bench or picnic table for the kids
A mighty little bench come picnic table ideal for kids around the three to six year age group (give or take a year or so depending on the size of the kids).
As a bench seat it does not take up a lot of room and will seat a couple of kids quite comfortably.
When activity time comes around (drawing, eating, etc) it can be opened up very easily into a picnic table with two seats (one along each side) able to seat four kids.
The unit is 900 mm (35½”) long. When in picnic table mode it is 814 mm (32″) wide and 493 mm (19 7⁄16″) high to the top of the table and 294 mm (11 9⁄16″) to the top of the rear seat.
When in bench mode, the complete unit is only 367 mm (14 7⁄16 “) wide.