Table of Contents
- 2The wood sizes
- 3Material requirements
- 4Identifying the pieces
- 5The plans - Side (sectional)
- 6The plans - Looking down view
- 7The plans - Individual frame pieces
- 8Step 1. Make a template for the rounds and bolt holes
- 9Step 2. Cut and drill the frame pieces
- 10Step 3. Make up the frame sections
- 11Step 4. Connect the rear sections to the top sections
- 12Step 5. Connect the front sections
- 13Step 6. Align the frames for seating
- 14Step 7. Fix the seats and tabletop
- 15Step 8. Attach the back-stop
- 16Step 9. Add the front leg stops & the seat braces
- 17The finished product
Step 7. Fix the seats and tabletop
Fix the longer (front) seat to pieces [g] flush with the front and the outer sides of that piece. Glue and screw the seat in place.
Fix the shorter (rear) seat to pieces [f] flush with the end (of [f]). The seat should fit nicely between pieces [e2].
Do not force the seat in place. If it is too tight, cut a bit off the end.
Turn the unit over in such a position to make it easy to fix the tabletop.
Make the sides of the tabletop flush (even) with the ends of pieces [d] (the tabletop rails).
Ensure the overhang of the tabletop is equal at each end and fix it with glue and screws.