Table of Contents
- 2The wood sizes
- 3Material requirements
- 4Identifying the pieces
- 5The plans - Side (sectional)
- 6The plans - Looking down view
- 7The plans - Individual frame pieces
- 8Step 1. Make a template for the rounds and bolt holes
- 9Step 2. Cut and drill the frame pieces
- 10Step 3. Make up the frame sections
- 11Step 4. Connect the rear sections to the top sections
- 12Step 5. Connect the front sections
- 13Step 6. Align the frames for seating
- 14Step 7. Fix the seats and tabletop
- 15Step 8. Attach the back-stop
- 16Step 9. Add the front leg stops & the seat braces
- 17The finished product
Step 1. Make a template for the rounds and bolt holes
Six framing pieces need to be drilled (for the bolts) and rounded at one end.
Make a template to mark the rounds and the center of the bolt holes as follows…
With a drawing compass make a circle on a piece of card with a diameter of 45 mm (1¾”) which is the width of the framing pieces.
The hole in the center made by the point of the compass can be used to mark the center of the bolt holes.
Cut out the circle and use it to mark the rounded ends and the center of the bolt holes on the relevant pieces.
The sequence of pictures below give a visual idea of the procedure.