Table of Contents
- 2The wood sizes
- 3Material requirements
- 4Identifying the pieces
- 5The plans - Side (sectional)
- 6The plans - Looking down view
- 7The plans - Individual frame pieces
- 8Step 1. Make a template for the rounds and bolt holes
- 9Step 2. Cut and drill the frame pieces
- 10Step 3. Make up the frame sections
- 11Step 4. Connect the rear sections to the top sections
- 12Step 5. Connect the front sections
- 13Step 6. Align the frames for seating
- 14Step 7. Fix the seats and tabletop
- 15Step 8. Attach the back-stop
- 16Step 9. Add the front leg stops & the seat braces
- 17The finished product
Step 2. Cut and drill the frame pieces
Cut all the frame pieces [a] to [k] according to the dimensions given in the ‘individual frame pieces’ on page 7.
Cut two of each piece in mirror image (see pictures).
Refer to Step 1. on how to mark and cut the rounds.
Pieces [a], [d], [e], & [f] (two of each – eight pieces in all) need to have an 8 mm (5⁄16″) hole drilled through them.
Refer to Step.1 on how to mark the centers of the hole.
Pieces [e] only need starter holes to house the bolt heads.
Pay special attention to the drawings, plans, and photos, to see what side of the wood the starter holes go on – or just make sure that the two pieces [e] are a mirror image of one another when drilling the starter holes
The drilling procedure for pieces [e]
First drill a 20 mm (¾”) starter hole just deep enough to house the bolt heads and then continue through the wood with a 8 mm (5⁄16″) hole.