Table of Contents
- 2Wood and Wood Size
- 3The Plan drawings
- 4Material requirements
- 5Step 1. Commence cutting the frame pieces
- 6Step 2. Cut and make the back top
- 7Step 3: Make the side frames
- 8Step 4. Rebate the back legs
- 9Step 5. Assemble the frame
- 10Step 6. Make the king chair seat
- 11Step 7. Make the king chair base
- 12Step 8. The final touches
Step 6. Make the king chair seat
Fix, with glue and 1-1/2″ (38mm) wood screws, a 1″x 1″ (25mm x 25mm) fillet of wood around the inside edge of the seat frame for the seat boards to sit on.
Have the 1″x 1″ (25mm x 25mm) side fillets [j] slanting down towards the back of the seat, as shown in the diagram below.
Next cut the 1″ x 6″ (25mm x 150mm) seat boards [k] to length and glue them in place on top of the fillets [j].
The last board will need to be ripped down (cut lengthways) in order to fit.