Table of Contents
- 2Wood and Wood Size
- 3The Plan drawings
- 4Material requirements
- 5Step 1. Commence cutting the frame pieces
- 6Step 2. Cut and make the back top
- 7Step 3: Make the side frames
- 8Step 4. Rebate the back legs
- 9Step 5. Assemble the frame
- 10Step 6. Make the king chair seat
- 11Step 7. Make the king chair base
- 12Step 8. The final touches
Step 7. Make the king chair base
Angle one edge of the 1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (90mm x 38mm) stock to be used for the base.
Measure (allowing for miter cuts) and cut the front and rear base pieces [h] and the two side base pieces [i].
Bolt the two side pieces [i] to the bottom of the legs and glue and screw the front and rear base pieces [h] to them.
Next screw 1″ x 1″ (25mm x 25mm) fillets [j] around the inside of the base pieces [h] and [i], 1″ (25mm) down from the top.
Cut the 1″ x 6″ (25mm x 150mm) base boards [k] to length and glue them in place on top of the fillets [j].
You will have to cut around the legs and rip the last board in order for it to fit.