Table of Contents
- 2Wood and Wood Size
- 3The Plan drawings
- 4Material requirements
- 5Step 1. Commence cutting the frame pieces
- 6Step 2. Cut and make the back top
- 7Step 3: Make the side frames
- 8Step 4. Rebate the back legs
- 9Step 5. Assemble the frame
- 10Step 6. Make the king chair seat
- 11Step 7. Make the king chair base
- 12Step 8. The final touches
Step 1. Commence cutting the frame pieces
Commence cutting the frame pieces to the lengths given below.
There is a downloadable version of this project print friendly and in clean copy (free of ads) for only $5.00. The plans can be purchased online and immediately downloaded to your computer. Click here to purchase.
Note that the back legs [a] and the side seat rails [d] all have one end cut 3° off square.
You can refer to the cutting list and plans if necessary.
First cut the two back legs [a] at 51 1/2″ (1308mm)long overall with one end (the bottom) of each leg 3° off square,
then cut the two front legs [b] at 29″ (737mm) long.
Next cut the front and back seat rails [c] both 22″ (559mm) long.
Cut the two side seat rails [d] 17″ (432mm) long with one end cut 3° inwards off square.