Table of Contents
- 2Wood and Wood Size
- 3The Plan drawings
- 4Material requirements
- 5Step 1. Commence cutting the frame pieces
- 6Step 2. Cut and make the back top
- 7Step 3: Make the side frames
- 8Step 4. Rebate the back legs
- 9Step 5. Assemble the frame
- 10Step 6. Make the king chair seat
- 11Step 7. Make the king chair base
- 12Step 8. The final touches
Step 2. Cut and make the back top
The back top comprises of pieces [e] and [f] as shown in the plans.
Cut the two angled back pieces [e] to the length and angles as shown below.
Next cut the two horizontal back pieces [f] 7-1/8″ (180mm) long with one end cut 30° off square.
At this stage, the overall length of the back top is longer than required.
The two horizontal back pieces [f] are over length. They can be cut to the exact length later.
Glue and screw all the top back pieces together and leave to set.