Table of Contents
- 2Wood and Wood Size
- 3The Plan drawings
- 4Material requirements
- 5Step 1. Commence cutting the frame pieces
- 6Step 2. Cut and make the back top
- 7Step 3: Make the side frames
- 8Step 4. Rebate the back legs
- 9Step 5. Assemble the frame
- 10Step 6. Make the king chair seat
- 11Step 7. Make the king chair base
- 12Step 8. The final touches
Step 4. Rebate the back legs
Clamp the two side-frames together in mirror fashion.
Mark the rebate area the width of the horizontal back piece [f] beginning 1 1/2″ (38mm) down from the top of the two back legs [a].
Set the blade on a circular saw to a depth of approximately 3/4″ (20mm).
Make multiple saw cuts across the rebate area.
Then chisel the area clean with a sharp chisel.