Table of Contents
- 2Wood and Wood Size
- 3The Plan drawings
- 4Material requirements
- 5Step 1. Commence cutting the frame pieces
- 6Step 2. Cut and make the back top
- 7Step 3: Make the side frames
- 8Step 4. Rebate the back legs
- 9Step 5. Assemble the frame
- 10Step 6. Make the king chair seat
- 11Step 7. Make the king chair base
- 12Step 8. The final touches
Step 5. Assemble the frame
Time to put the frame all together.
Clamp the two side frames to the seat front and rear rails [c].
Ensure the two back legs [a] are parallel.
Cut the back top unit to fit neatly into the back leg rebates [a]. Remember (in step 2) the two horizontal back pieces [f] were cut over length until such time as they could be measured exactly. That time is now.
Drill glue and screw the frame together.
Refer to the fixing method diagram below for drilling and screwing detail.