Table of Contents
- 2Wood sizes and measurements
- 3Materials list
- 4The flat plan
- 5The front elevation plan
- 6The side elevation plan
- 7The nesting boxes and storage area plans
- 8Making the floor and the wall frames
- 9Making the nests and the roof frame
- 10Fixing the wall cladding
- 11Fixing the roof boards and battens
- 12Door, hatchway and windows
- 13The perch, the mesh and ventilation
The flat plan
This is the flat plan, which is from a bird’s-eye-view, or looking down view. This plan shows the placement of the studs, roof beam and roof rafters and also the position of any doors or window, the nesting boxes and perches.
The corner studs are all of 4″ x 4″ (100mm x 100mm) stock and all the intermediate studs are of 2″ x 4″ (100mm x 50mm) stock. All the roof framing (comprising of the roof beam and the roof rafters) are also of 2″ x 4″ (100mm x 50mm) stock. The rafters and beam are represented by the gray shadow lines on the plan. The dashed line around the perimeter of the plan represents the roof line (i.e. the area that will be covered with the roofing boards).