Table of Contents
- 2Wood sizes and measurements
- 3Materials list
- 4The flat plan
- 5The front elevation plan
- 6The side elevation plan
- 7The nesting boxes and storage area plans
- 8Making the floor and the wall frames
- 9Making the nests and the roof frame
- 10Fixing the wall cladding
- 11Fixing the roof boards and battens
- 12Door, hatchway and windows
- 13The perch, the mesh and ventilation
The nesting boxes and storage area plans
The front and internal partitions in the nesting boxes/storage area combination are of 1″ x 12″ (300mm x 25mm) boards. The sides, the bottom, the nesting boxes’ lid and storage area door are 3/4″ (18mm plywood). The storage area door is not shown in this plan.
There is a gap or cavity between the internal partitions separating the nesting boxes from the storage area. This allows for two separate exterior lids: one above the nesting boxes and one above the storage area. Make the lids larger than the area they are to cover, so they overhang at the sides and at the bottom. They can then be hinged to the 1″ x 4″ (100mm x 25mm) piece of wood that runs along the top of the unit.