Table of Contents
- 1Introduction, overview
- 2Wood sizes, Angles, Material list
- 3Plans: Side elevation, Legs, Spoke pieces
- 4Plans: Spoke cutting detail
- 5Plans: Table and seat board cutting detail
- 6Cut the spokes to length
- 7Shape the ends of the spokes
- 8Assemble the spokes
- 9Cut the tabletop and seat boards
- 10Fix some seat boards
- 11Fix the rest of the seat boards
- 12Fix the tabletop boards
- 13Align the upper and lower frames
- 14Cut and fix the legs to the spokes
- 15Drop in the umbrella
Align the upper and lower frames
Step 10: Align the lower frame
Lift up the lower frame (in upside-down mode) and place it carefully on top of the spacer blocks.
Ft and inch version:
All the spokes of the lower frame should be directly above the spokes of the upper frame.
Don’t forget, the whole thing is upside down at this stage. That is why the upper frame is lower, and the lower frame is upper.
Ensure that the lower frame overhangs the spacer blocks evenly all the way around.
Now you are ready to fix the legs in place.