Table of Contents
- 1Introduction, measurements, wood sizes
- 2Material requirements
- 3The Plans
- 4The Plans (continued)
- 5The Instructions
- 6Making the walls
- 7Adding battens, window/door openings
- 8Levelling the floor and standing the walls
- 9Making the roof
- 10Fitting the ridge capping
- 11Fitting the valley boards
- 12Making the door
- 13Fitting the door
Fitting the door
Step 13. Hanging the door
Hold the door in place with packers or wedges (ensuring an even gap all around) and add the hinges.
Lastly, add a door handle of sorts and there’s the door!
The finishing touches
Get the kids involved with the finishing touches.
This step is only limited by your (or their!) imagination.
Add a fence of sorts, a planter box or a few paving stones, maybe even a paint job.
This is the time to stamp your individuality onto the project.