Table of Contents
- 3Photos of construction part 1
- 4Photos of construction part 2
- 6Plans - Front, floor and footprint
- 7Plans - Base, floor, and wall layout
- 8Plans - Top and roof (millimetres)
- 9Plans - Top and roof (inches)
- 10Plans - The sign
- 11Plans - Details
- 12Plans - Fixed walls - metric
- 13Plans - Fixed wall - standard
- 14Plans - Wall/door - metric
- 15Plans - Wall/door - standard
- 16Materials overall
- 17Framing wood by section - metric
- 18Framing wood by section - standard
- 19Cutting list (frame)
- 20Step 1. Cut the frame pieces to length
- 21Step 2. Rip the relevant pieces to the required widths
- 22Step 3. Make the base
- 23Step 4. Make up the pillars
- 24Step 5. Assemble and stand the frames
- 25Step 6. Make the head (top section)
- 26Step 7. Make the walls
- 27Step 8. Install the walls, head, and door
- 28Step 9. Shape and fix the mullions
- 29Step 10. Shape and fix the decorative pillar top pieces
- 30Step 11. Paint time
- 31Step 12. Make the windows
- 32Step 13. Add the 'police call box' sign
- 33Step 14. Final touches (almost)
- 34Roof lamp Introduction
- 35Roof lamp Plans
- 36Sourcing the components
- 38The lamp container cap
- 39Fibreglassing the cap
- 40The lamp container base
- 41Threaded rod to the cap
- 42Assemble the lamp container
- 43Put in a light or two
- 44The lights go on
The London police Rough grade timber. was a little shed type structure used mainly as a communications base for patrolling police officers prior to the age of mobile telecommunications.
Typically, the boxes were blue. They allowed patrolling officers to keep in touch with the station via a phone.
The boxes had a light on top that would flash to alert the patrolling officer that the phone was ringing.
The public could also use the phone in an emergency.
The Metropolitan Police introduced police boxes throughout London between 1928 and 1937.
The Police Box was the inspiration for the well known TARDIS.
The TARDIS is a time machine featured in the very popular British science fiction television series “Doctor Who” that was first aired in 1963
The designs of the TARDIS props used in the television series have changed many times but none has really been an exact copy of the real police box.