Table of Contents
- 3Photos of construction part 1
- 4Photos of construction part 2
- 6Plans - Front, floor and footprint
- 7Plans - Base, floor, and wall layout
- 8Plans - Top and roof (millimetres)
- 9Plans - Top and roof (inches)
- 10Plans - The sign
- 11Plans - Details
- 12Plans - Fixed walls - metric
- 13Plans - Fixed wall - standard
- 14Plans - Wall/door - metric
- 15Plans - Wall/door - standard
- 16Materials overall
- 17Framing wood by section - metric
- 18Framing wood by section - standard
- 19Cutting list (frame)
- 20Step 1. Cut the frame pieces to length
- 21Step 2. Rip the relevant pieces to the required widths
- 22Step 3. Make the base
- 23Step 4. Make up the pillars
- 24Step 5. Assemble and stand the frames
- 25Step 6. Make the head (top section)
- 26Step 7. Make the walls
- 27Step 8. Install the walls, head, and door
- 28Step 9. Shape and fix the mullions
- 29Step 10. Shape and fix the decorative pillar top pieces
- 30Step 11. Paint time
- 31Step 12. Make the windows
- 32Step 13. Add the 'police call box' sign
- 33Step 14. Final touches (almost)
- 34Roof lamp Introduction
- 35Roof lamp Plans
- 36Sourcing the components
- 38The lamp container cap
- 39Fibreglassing the cap
- 40The lamp container base
- 41Threaded rod to the cap
- 42Assemble the lamp container
- 43Put in a light or two
- 44The lights go on
Assemble the lamp container
When all is dry, assemble the lamp container – Add a little A pliable substance used to seal a surface to prevent passage of a liquid. to the top and bottom rims of the fresnel lens.
With the container Cover in upside-down position, place the fresnel lens in between the four threaded rods and sit it on the underside of the cap, then slide the base down the threaded rods until it sits on the other end of the lens. Remember, everything is upside down at the moment. See the picture above.
Then place washers and nuts on the rods underneath the base and tighten them. Voila! The TARDIS light container – all ready to place on top of the TARDIS roof.
Countersink the top of the holes at the top of the roof to house the nuts and washers that are on the underside of the container base.
The lamp container should now fit neatly into place on top of the apex square with the excess threaded rod running through the apex square into the TARDIS.
Then place washers and nuts on the rods underneath the apex square (from inside the TARDIS) and tighten them.