Table of Contents
- 1Introduction and about the measurements
- 2The Plans
- 3Materials & the cutting list
- 4Step 1: Cutting the pieces to length and shape
- 5Steps 2 and 3: Making the wheel template and cutting the wheel pieces
- 6Step 4: Gluing the wheel pieces together
- 7Steps 5 to 7: The main frame & front slats
- 8Step 8: Fixing the backrest slats
- 9Step 9: Positioning the backrest and the rear legs
- 10Step 10: Adding the bolts, the rear leg brace and the wheels
- 11Step 11: Making and fitting the front legs
Step 1: Cutting the pieces to length and shape
This project is made completely out of 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90 mm x 19 mm) wood.
Begin by cutting all the pieces of wood to the lengths given in the cutting list.
Cut the longest pieces first to minimize wastage.
Next mark the shape and cut pieces A1 and B1, which are the add-on pieces for the side rails and the backrest rails.
The marking can be done by using the grid method and making a couple of cardboard patterns (templates).
The grid spacings are 1″ (25 mm).
When you have made the two cardboard patterns (templates), use them to mark the cutting lines on pieces of wood A1 and B1. See the picture below.
Then cut the wood along the lines using a power saw, jig-saw and handsaw where needed.
When the add-on pieces A1 and B1 are cut, attach them to the two side rails A and the two backrest rails B.
Once glued and screwed, clamp the pieces together until the glue has dried.