Table of Contents
- 1Introduction and about the measurements
- 2The Plans
- 3Materials & the cutting list
- 4Step 1: Cutting the pieces to length and shape
- 5Steps 2 and 3: Making the wheel template and cutting the wheel pieces
- 6Step 4: Gluing the wheel pieces together
- 7Steps 5 to 7: The main frame & front slats
- 8Step 8: Fixing the backrest slats
- 9Step 9: Positioning the backrest and the rear legs
- 10Step 10: Adding the bolts, the rear leg brace and the wheels
- 11Step 11: Making and fitting the front legs
Steps 5 to 7: The main frame & front slats
Step 5: Unclamping and sanding the wheels
Once the glue has dried, unclamp the wheels and sand them smooth.
Step 6: Assembling the side rails and end rails
Lay the two side rails on a couple of saw horses, and glue and screw the two end rails to them, one at each end.
Pre-drill the screw holes in the end rails prior to fixing.
Step 7: Fixing the front slats
Pre-drill all the screw holes in the front slats, two holes at each end of each slat. Make the holes 1/2″ (12mm) in from the sides and 3/8″ (9mm) in from the ends.
To secure with nails or screws. (glue and screw) the two end slats first (see drawing below), and then add the intermediate slats, making sure they are evenly spaced.