Table of Contents
- 1Introduction and about the measurements
- 2The Plans
- 3Materials & the cutting list
- 4Step 1: Cutting the pieces to length and shape
- 5Steps 2 and 3: Making the wheel template and cutting the wheel pieces
- 6Step 4: Gluing the wheel pieces together
- 7Steps 5 to 7: The main frame & front slats
- 8Step 8: Fixing the backrest slats
- 9Step 9: Positioning the backrest and the rear legs
- 10Step 10: Adding the bolts, the rear leg brace and the wheels
- 11Step 11: Making and fitting the front legs
Steps 5 to 7: The main frame & front slats
Step 5: Unclamping and sanding the wheels
Once the glue has dried, unclamp the wheels and sand them smooth.
Step 6: Assembling the side rails and end rails
Lay the two side rails on a couple of saw horses, and glue and screw the two end rails to them, one at each end.
Pre-drill the screw holes in the end rails prior to fixing.
Step 7: Fixing the front slats
Pre-drill all the screw holes in the front slats, two holes at each end of each slat. Make the holes 1/2″ (12mm) in from the sides and 3/8″ (9mm) in from the ends.
Fix (glue and screw) the two end slats first (see drawing below), and then add the intermediate slats, making sure they are evenly spaced.