Table of Contents
- 1Introduction and about the measurements
- 2The Plans
- 3Materials & the cutting list
- 4Step 1: Cutting the pieces to length and shape
- 5Steps 2 and 3: Making the wheel template and cutting the wheel pieces
- 6Step 4: Gluing the wheel pieces together
- 7Steps 5 to 7: The main frame & front slats
- 8Step 8: Fixing the backrest slats
- 9Step 9: Positioning the backrest and the rear legs
- 10Step 10: Adding the bolts, the rear leg brace and the wheels
- 11Step 11: Making and fitting the front legs
Steps 2 and 3: Making the wheel template and cutting the wheel pieces
Step 2: Making the wheel template
First make a rotatable arm. Do this by cutting a strip of card or a thin piece of wood about 3/8″ (10mm) wide by 6″ (150mm) long, which is slightly longer than the required radius.
Insert a push pin or small nail through the arm 5″ (125mm) from one end. Pin the arm to a sheet of card.
Rotate the arm in a circle using the push pin/nail as the pivot point.
Hold a pencil at the end of the rotating arm to mark the circle.
Once marked, remove the arm and cut out the circle.
Step 3: Cutting the wheel pieces
To make the two wheels you will need 18 pieces of 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90 mm x 19 mm) wood that is 12″ (300mm) long.