Table of Contents
- 1Introduction and about the measurements
- 2The Plans
- 3Materials & the cutting list
- 4Step 1: Cutting the pieces to length and shape
- 5Steps 2 and 3: Making the wheel template and cutting the wheel pieces
- 6Step 4: Gluing the wheel pieces together
- 7Steps 5 to 7: The main frame & front slats
- 8Step 8: Fixing the backrest slats
- 9Step 9: Positioning the backrest and the rear legs
- 10Step 10: Adding the bolts, the rear leg brace and the wheels
- 11Step 11: Making and fitting the front legs
Step 4: Gluing the wheel pieces together
Each wheel is made up of three layers of wood.
Each layer consists of three pieces of board placed together forming a circle.
Use the following instructions and also refer to the pictures below.
Lay three pieces of board, making a circle (the first layer) on a tabletop or other even surface. It is a good idea to put some plastic (or something similar) under the boards to protect the tabletop from glue spillages.
Hold the first layer in place by hammering a few nails around the perimeter of the circle as shown in the picture below.
Add glue to the first layer and then place a second layer on top, making sure that the boards in the second layer run across (at right angles to) the boards in the first layer.
Also make sure that you use a good exterior-type glue suitable for the task. Your local stockist should be able to advise you.
Add glue to the second layer and then place the third layer on top, also making sure that the boards in the third layer run across (at right angles to) those in the second layer.
Cover the top with a bit of plastic to protect the surface, then use a block of wood and clamp the layers together until the glue dries.