Table of Contents
- 2Identifying the parts
- 3About measurements, bunk size, mattress
- 4Materials, Cutting list for the beds
- 5Materials, Cutting list for the bunk ends
- 6PLANS - The bed
- 7PLANS - The bunk ends
- 8PLANS - The ladder
- 9Making the bed - Base and ends
- 10Making the bed - Ends and side guardrail
- 11Making the bunk ends and ladder
- 12Assembling the bunk and adding the ladder
- 13Finishing - Nut guards and screw caps
- 14Safety guidelines - Must read
- 15Safety guidelines continued - Must read
Making the bed – Ends and side guardrail
Step 3: Fit the bed ends
Lay the bed base on its side, on top of a couple of sawhorses.
The two bed ends should fit snugly into place, one at each end of the bed base.
Add a bit of glue and slip the legs (e) of the bed ends over the side rails (a) of the bed base.
Butt the ends of the side rails (a) up tight to the end rails (c) and then screw through the insides of the side rails (drill first) into the legs.
Step 4: Add the side guardrail
Now just a matter of adding the side guardrail (b) to the back of the bed.
Fasten the side guardrail (b) to the top part of the legs (e) in line with the end guardrails (d).
Use four screws at each end of the side guardrail.
Pre-drill the screw holes through the side guardrail.
Sand any sharp corners and paint.