Table of Contents
- 2Identifying the parts
- 3About measurements, bunk size, mattress
- 4Materials, Cutting list for the beds
- 5Materials, Cutting list for the bunk ends
- 6PLANS - The bed
- 7PLANS - The bunk ends
- 8PLANS - The ladder
- 9Making the bed - Base and ends
- 10Making the bed - Ends and side guardrail
- 11Making the bunk ends and ladder
- 12Assembling the bunk and adding the ladder
- 13Finishing - Nut guards and screw caps
- 14Safety guidelines - Must read
- 15Safety guidelines continued - Must read
Materials, Cutting list for the beds
The cutting list for the beds
Note 1: The list below is for two beds. If you only want to make one bed, then halve the list. The cutting list for the bunk ends and ladder is on the next page.
Note 2: Any of the three linear measurements, length, breadth and depth. in the cutting list are finished (actual sizes). Also, when purchasing the Timber, lumber. The hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees be sure to allow extra for waste.
|ITEM||DESCRIPTION||STOCK SIZE||LENGTH||HOW MANY PIECES|
|[a]||side The top and bottom frame member of a door or window (not the jamb). Cross member of panel doors or of a sash. Also the upper and lower member of a balustrade or staircase extending from one vertical support, such as a post, to another. The horizontal member of a fence.||3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90mm x 19mm)||63″ (1575mm)||4|
|[b]||side guardrail||3/4″ x 5 1/2″ (140mm x 19mm)||63″ (1575mm)||2|
|[c]||end rail||3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90mm x 19mm)||30″ (750mm)||4|
|[d]||end guardrail||3/4″ x 5 1/2″ (140mm x 19mm)||30″ (750mm)||4|
|[e]||leg||3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90mm x 19mm)||22″ (550mm)||8|
|[f]||bed slat support||3/4″ x 1 1/2″ (40mm x 19mm)||63″ (1575mm)||4|
|[g]||bed slat||3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90mm x 19mm)||27″ (675mm)||24|
176 wood screws 1 1/2″ (38mm) long, 32 screw caps, and some wood glue.
Note 1: The screws should be long enough to go almost through two thicknesses of wood.