Table of Contents
- 2Identifying the parts
- 3About measurements, bunk size, mattress
- 4Materials, Cutting list for the beds
- 5Materials, Cutting list for the bunk ends
- 6PLANS - The bed
- 7PLANS - The bunk ends
- 8PLANS - The ladder
- 9Making the bed - Base and ends
- 10Making the bed - Ends and side guardrail
- 11Making the bunk ends and ladder
- 12Assembling the bunk and adding the ladder
- 13Finishing - Nut guards and screw caps
- 14Safety guidelines - Must read
- 15Safety guidelines continued - Must read
Materials, Cutting list for the bunk ends
The cutting list for bunk ends and ladder
Note: The list below is for the two bunks and the ladder only.
To make the complete bunk set, you will also need the materials listed on the previous page.
|ITEM||DESCRIPTION||STOCK SIZE||LENGTH||HOW MANY|
|[h]||bunk corner post||3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90mm x 19mm)||57 1/2″ (1437mm)||4|
|[j]||bunk end rails||3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90mm x 19mm)||31 1/2″ (787mm)||8|
|[k]||bunk spacer||3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90mm x 19mm)||7 1/2″ (187mm)||2|
|[m]||ladder side||3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90mm x 19mm)||41 1/2″ (1037mm)||2|
|[n]||ladder rung (wide)||3/4″ x 5 1/2″ (140mm x 19mm)||22″ (550mm)||1|
|[o]||ladder rung (narrow)||3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (90mm x 19mm)||22″ (550mm)||2|
|[p]||bunk guardrail||3/4″ x 5 1/2″ (140mm x 19mm)||1 @ 40″ (1000mm)||1|
You will also need a small piece of MDF board or plywood about 5/16″ (9mm) thick to make some nut guards from.
12 5/16″(8mm) carriage bolts 1 3/4″ (45mm) long, plus nuts and washers.
10 5/16″(8mm) carriage bolts 2 1/2″ (65mm) long, plus nuts and washers.
60 wood screws 1 1/2″ (38mm) long.
Note Check the bolts will go through two thicknesses of wood and three thicknesses of wood respectively, and take a washer and nut neatly. It is important that the bolt does not stick out past the nut when tightened. If so, cut excess length off with a hacksaw.