Table of Contents
- 3The wood and the size of the dolls house
- 4Steps 1 to 3. The eave soffit, the frieze board and preparing for the roof
- 5Step 4. Cutting the roof pieces
- 6Step 5. Putting the roof together
- 7Step 6. Fitting the dormer front wall
- 8Steps 7 to 8: Cutting the wall, floor and door pieces and cutting the arched internal doorways
- 9Steps 9 to 10 Fixing the vertical side strips and assembling the walls, floors and doors
- 10Step 10 continued... Assembling the walls, floors, and doors
- 11Step 11. Making the spiral staircase
- 12Step 12. A bit of paint and that's that
Step 12. A bit of paint and that’s that
And that’s it… as far as the building process goes.
Time to get imaginative with the painting and decorating.
Once painted, the spiral stairs can be put in place, the doors fitted, and the roof popped on.
Let the kid (or kids!) get involved with the decorating – they will love it.
Furniture can be made out of cardboard, blocks of Timber, lumber. The hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees, or bits and pieces found around the house – just to mention a few possibilities.
It is a good idea to have the dolls before the furniture-making process begins, to ensure everything is size compatible. Have fun!