Table of Contents
- 3The wood and the size of the dolls house
- 4Steps 1 to 3. The eave soffit, the frieze board and preparing for the roof
- 5Step 4. Cutting the roof pieces
- 6Step 5. Putting the roof together
- 7Step 6. Fitting the dormer front wall
- 8Steps 7 to 8: Cutting the wall, floor and door pieces and cutting the arched internal doorways
- 9Steps 9 to 10 Fixing the vertical side strips and assembling the walls, floors and doors
- 10Step 10 continued... Assembling the walls, floors, and doors
- 11Step 11. Making the spiral staircase
- 12Step 12. A bit of paint and that's that
Step 4. Cutting the roof pieces
Ft and inch version:
The roof pieces that sit on top of the The part of the roof which extends beyond the exterior side wall. The projecting lower edge of a roof where the gutters are located. The eaves are made up of both the soffit (covering for underside of an overhang) and the fascia (A horizontal trim fixed to the ends of the roof rafters). are all cut from 1/2″ A special type of tempered hardboard with a fine, smooth finish. MDF is used in cabinet making. A piece of sawn, or dressed lumber of greater width than thickness. Usually 19mm (3/4") to 38mm (1 1/2") thick and 75mm (3") or more wide..
Millimeter measurements. version:
The roof pieces that sit on top of the eaves are all cut from 12mm MDF board.
Below are the drawings of all the individual pieces with both the measurements and the angles.
Note that most of the cuts are compound angle cuts. You will have to How much the teeth are angled out on a circular saw blade. the blade on your circular power saw or bench saw to the required angle for most of the cuts. The angles are given in the drawings below.
There are three different angle cuts required to cut all the roof pieces. They are – a square cut (normal), a 35° of square cut, and a 45° of square cut.
What this means is where it says “angle cut 35° back” in the drawings below, you will need to make that cut with the saw blade on your circular or bench saw tilted 35°. Likewise with the cut that says “angle cut 45° back”: you will need to make that cut with the saw blade on your circular or bench saw tilted 45°.
Ft and inch version